All residents of Lincoln Spencer, visitors and guests are expected to maintain and preserve a dignified decorum throughout the building.
- Stereo equipment, radios, televisions, musical instruments and/or any type of electronic devices are not to be played in a manner which causes a disturbance to other residents. Residents must refrain from creating any disturbance to other residents as the result of social gatherings in or around their apartments. Complaints regarding loud noises emanating from any apartment must be immediately addressed by the resident of that apartment.
- At least 80% of the floors in an apartment must be covered with areas rugs, carpeting or other approved noise reducing materials. Kitchens, bathrooms, closets and entrance halls are excluded.
- Any conduct which, in the opinion of management, poses a threat of injury or harm to persons or property is prohibited and must cease upon the request of management.
These House Rules have been adopted by the Board of Directors pursuant to the Proprietary Lease and By-Laws and are enforceable pursuant to those documents. They are applicable to all residents of Lincoln Spencer Apartments, Inc. and guests. The Board of Directors is authorized to revise these rules from time to time pursuant to the terms of the Proprietary Lease and By-Laws. A violation of the House Rules constitutes a default under the terms of the Proprietary Lease.
Including, but not limited to, the lobby, hallways, entire basement, stairwells, recycling areas, elevators, front entrance, service entrance and fire escapes.
- Loitering or congregating in any public area is not permitted. Unaccompanied minor children are not permitted in public areas at any time. Smoking, rollerblading or consumption of food is not allowed in any public area of the building. Sitting on lobby radiator covers, windowsills, front entry steps or on floors is not permitted.
- In accordance with fire regulations, no personal property of any sort, including but not limited to umbrellas, strollers, shoes or bicycles can be stored in any public area, including at the entry of individual apartments Items left at doorways will be removed and discarded. Doormats are strongly discouraged by the FDNY because they present fire or trip hazards. Therefore, they are prohibited by these House Rules.
- Displays on apartment doors are not permitted, except for 1) approved pet rescue stickers and 2) during the winter holiday season, beginning December 1st and ending January 7th. Artificial holiday decorations must be flame resistant as indicated by the manufacturer’s tag or treated with a flame retardant. Natural decorative greens (actual tree boughs) are not allowed under the fire code, as they become dry and are highly flammable. Management reserves the right to remove any display which presents a safety or fire hazard or is considered inappropriate.
- All pets must be registered in accordance with the Co-op’s Pet Policy. Dogs must be always leashed when in public areas. Cats must be properly crated or held when in public areas. All subleases must contain a No Pet provision. The Pet Policy is considered a part of the House Rules.
- Solicitation of residents or distribution of any materials by any person, including other residents, is strictly prohibited. Notices may not be posted anywhere in the building except on the bulletin board in the laundry room.
- The self-service freight elevator must be used to transport laundry to and from the basement laundry room. The laundry room is open seven days per week, 24 hours per day. If using the laundry room after normal business hours, residents must be mindful of other residents and avoid noise in the hallways or elevator.
Access to Apartments
Anyone who is not an authorized occupant of an apartment as defined by the Proprietary Lease is considered a guest.
- GUESTS OF RESIDENTS: All guests must stop at the front desk and be announced to the occupant in the apartment they wish to enter, without exception. Guests are required to abide by the governing documents of the Co-op, including the House Rules, at all times, as applicable.
- SERVICE PERSONNEL: Persons providing services such as cleaning or pet walking when the resident is not home must be pre-authorized by the unit resident and entered into the Building Link system to gain access to apartments, without exception. Login to Building Link for details.
- CONTRACTORS & DELIVERIES: Will only be allowed access as pre-authorized by Building Management and the Superintendent.
- UNACCOMPANIED VISITORS: No person will be allowed to stay in an apartment in the absence of the shareholder unless both the shareholder and the unaccompanied visitor have complied with the terms of the Unaccompanied Visitor Policy which is part of the House Rules. Such visits are strictly limited in number and duration. Subtenants are not allowed to have other persons use their apartment in their absence.
- TRANSIENT USE OF AN APARTMENT FOR A FEE IS ILLEGAL AND STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Such conduct constitutes grounds for the assessment of fees and termination of the Proprietary Lease.
Construction & Moving Requirements
Persons seeking access to any apartment in the absence of the shareholder will only be allowed to enter if the shareholder and the unaccompanied guest have complied with the terms of the Unaccompanied Guest Policy.
- All construction/renovation projects must be approved by the Board of Directors by submission of an Alteration Agreement. Alteration Agreements are available from the Property Manager. Construction and/or renovation activities are NOT permitted on Saturdays, Sundays or the federal holidays listed below. Hours of construction are limited to 8:30AM and 4:30 PM. This rule applies to activities such as entering apartments for the purpose of taking measurements or providing estimates, all of which are confined to the approved contractor hours.
- All work, including clean up time, must be completed by 4:30 P.M. It is the responsibility of the shareholder to ensure that brown construction paper or appropriate protective material be placed on hallway carpets during construction and that proper clean-up is performed by contractors at the end of each day. Additional details are set forth in the Alteration Agreement.
- Moving into or out of apartments is strictly confined to weekdays between 9:00AM and 4:00PM.All moving requests must be submitted to the Property Manager’s office and must be pre-approved by the Superintendent, without exception, in accordance with the Moving Policy, which is part of the House Rules.
- No one is permitted to move into any unit on the day of a Board interview. Violation will result in rejection of an application.
- Passenger elevators cannot be used in connection with construction/moving activities. Use of the freight elevator must be arranged with Superintendent. See Moving Policy.
MOVING AND CONTRACTOR ACTIVITIES ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN ON SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS AND THE FOLLOWING FEDERAL HOLIDAYS:
|New Year's Day||January 1 OR day observed by the federal government|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||third Monday in January|
|Presidents' Day||third Monday in February|
|Memorial Day||last Monday in May|
|Juneteenth||June 19 OR day observed by the federal government|
|Independence Day||July 4 OR day observed by federal government|
|Labor Day||first Monday in September|
|Columbus Day||second Monday in October|
|Thanksgiving Day||fourth Thursday in November|
|Christmas Day||December 25 or day observed by the federal government|
Building Staff and Management
- All work orders for building services must be submitted to the Superintendent via Building Link. Building staff are not allowed to perform private services for any resident during that employee’s working hours.
- All staff members are expected to perform their duties diligently, therefore residents are not allowed to loiter at the front desk or in the lobby area or to interfere with performance of any employee’s job duties.
- Providing any type of financial inducement to any member of the staff or building management in exchange for their agreement not to report violations of House Rules or to disregard enforcement of those rules is strictly prohibited.
- Abusive conduct toward staff will not be tolerated. Any person who wishes to register a complaint regarding any member of the building staff must do so with the Property Manager.
- Staff are not allowed to deliver packages to residents, except where pre-approved due to extenuating circumstances such as disability. Deliveries from outside sources will be noted via Building Link, placed in the package room and must be claimed promptly. Only authorized personnel are permitted to enter the package room.
Building Safety and Environment
- Fire Safety Doors throughout the building must remain closed at all times.
- Access to the roof is strictly forbidden. Penthouse residents are allowed access only to the deck immediately contiguous to their apartment, and no other areas. No items of any sort may be placed on the roof or building parapet.
- Garbage and recyclables must be properly disposed of in the refuse/recycling rooms and deposited into specifically marked bins. Bulk items are not permitted to be left in the refuse/recycling rooms. Contact the Superintendent for proper discarding of any bulk items. Any unsanitary condition should be reported promptly to the building staff.
- No window boxes or other items are permitted on windowsills, ledges or the fire escapes.
- Air conditioners must be installed or removed only by licensed professionals. Building staff are not authorized to perform this task. Please contact the Property Manager’s office to obtain pre-approval for all A/C installations and removals.
- No antenna of any sort or satellite dish may be installed, attached to or hung from the windows, exterior of the building or on the roof.
- Smoking is only permitted in apartments occupied by Shareholders and not in common areas. Subleases must contain a No Smoking provision. Complaints regarding smoke odors emanating from an individual apartment must be promptly addressed. Failure to correct the problem is considered a violation of the Smoking Policy, which is a part of the House Rules.
ANY TEMPORARY POLICY ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS TO ADDRESS A BUILDING CONCERN (SUCH AS THE COVID-19 POLICY) IS ALSO CONSIDERED PART OF THE HOUSE RULES.